WINDOW No.1 | 1985 Once the national newspaper and magazine editorial headquarters, this is now an oce building.
WINDOW No.20 | This late-Classical building is the ocial oce of the President of Lithuania and one of the epicentres of the country’s political life and well as a place for state celebrations.
WINDOW No.4 | 2001 A universal sports arena which is usually used for football games.
WINDOW No.20 | 1579 m., Founded by the Jesuits, this is one of the oldest and best known universities in Central and Eastern Europe. The central campus, which is located in the Old Town, is renowned for its library (1570), astronomical observatory (1753), the Church of St Johns (1426), and its beautiful courtyards.
WINDOW No.10 | 1974 The Vilnius University and Vilnius Gediminas Technical University campus that includes educational buildings, residence halls, and the most modern library in the country.
THE ANGEL OF UŽUPIS
WINDOW No.21 | 2001 m., One of Vilnius’ oldest districts, Užupis was once a poor suburb which is now a bohemian neighbourhood popular among artists. Its central square features the Angel of Užupis – a brass and bronze sculpture perched on an 8.5-metre column.
WINDOW No.74 | 1991 The headquarters of the State Social Insurance Fund (SODRA).
WINDOW No.13 | 2008 A shopping centre.
WINDOW No.22 | One of the three surviving historic city halls in Lithuania, the building is now used for formal events in Vilnius.
WINDOW No.14 | 1989 A unique building that stands out for its 12.5-metre diameter Star Dome.
GATE OF DAWN
WINDOW No.22 | 1522 Part of the old defensive wall of Vilnius, this is one of the capital’s top visitor sites due to the icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Mercy, which is said to have miraculous powers.
CHURCH OF ST RAPHAEL THE ARCHANGEL
WINDOW No.14 | 1750 Late-Baroque building characterized by Rococo style decorations
VINGIS PARK AMPHITHEATRE
WINDOW No.23 | 1960, An event and concert venue that can accommodate approximately 60,000 people, this is where the National Song Festival takes place and famous Lithuanian and foreign musicians hold concerts.
WINDOW No.15 | 1980 (2006) The country's parliament building complex. It was here that the Seimas declared the restoration of Lithuanian independence on 11 March 1990.
WINDOW No.28 | 1932, This is the largest civilian airport in Lithuania. Built in 1954, the airport building is still used as the arrival terminal and is included in the Lithuanian Register of Cultural Properties.
CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL
WINDOW No.15 | 1668 This Baroque masterpiece is the only church in Lithuania with a white interior.
WINDOW No.29 | 1977 With a total exhibition area of 32,000 m2, this is the largest exhibition and convention centre in the Baltics.
OPERA AND BALLET THEATRE
WINDOW No.16 | 1974 The Great Hall seats 984 spectators and the Chamber Hall can accommodate 250. The repertoire consists of a wide range of theatre works from around the world.
WINDOW No.49 | With approximately 10,000 small and medium businesses operating here, this is the country's largest business park and market.
WINDOW No.17 | 1916 (1989) The Three Crosses monument was built in memory of seven Franciscans martyrs.
VILNIUS HEAT&POWER PLANT
WINDOW No.50 | 1983 The most powerful in Lithuania (combined capacity 1516 MW)
WINDOW No.17 | Late 13th – early 14th century This defensive castle built by Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas is one of Lithuania’s chief historical relics and symbols of statehood.
WINDOW No.54 | 14th century, some 30 km from Vilnius, this town is considered the second historical capital of Lithuania and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in our country.
WINDOW No.18 | 1801 The Cathedral of Vilnius is Lithuania’s most important Roman Catholic sanctuary and the place where the main Christian, national and state celebrations take place. It was built in a place where rituals were performed since pagan times, and where Christian churches first began to be built in 1251. These churches, destroyed during war, were rebuilt over and over. The cathedral took on its current form in the late 18th – early 19th century.
WINDOW No.9 | 2002, The largest shopping and entertainment centre in the Baltics.
PALACE OF THE GRAND DUKES
WINDOW No.18 | 2013 The 17th c. residence of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania has been rebuilt according to drawings and now serves as a multifunctional historical and cultural centre.
WINDOW No.61 | 1960, The ‘City of Energy’ is located next to what was once the largest power plant in Lithuania. If you can see its chimneys 47 km from Vilnius, it means it's a beautiful, clear day.
CHURCH OF ST ANNE
WINDOW No.19 | 1501 This late-Gothic church is one of the main symbols of Vilnius. When Napoleon Bonaparte laid eyes on it, he proclaimed that if he could, he would take the church back to France with him.
VMU EDUCATION ACADEMY
WINDOW No.12 | 1935 This is the main university for preparing Lithuanian teachers.
STATE SECURITY DEPARTMENT
WINDOW No.73 | 2016 The State Security headquarters have been rebuilt in line with stringent NATO safety standards.
If you have any questions about services rovided by TV Tower of Vilnius, please contact us! We will as soon as possible answer all of your questions.